Programs & Rates
1. Life in the village (1,5h - 2h)
You will get a detailed overview of our traditional hunter-and-gatherer culture. Experience the daily life in our traditional village, including our craftsmanship (production of clothing, mats, jewellery and baskets, traditional fire lighting, etc.). At the end you can enjoy some of our songs and watch the traditional doctor heal a patient.
- N$ 200.00 / person
2. Bushwalk (± 1,5 h)
After asking for hunting luck at the shrine, you follow us into the bush on a bush walk with snaring, tracking and collecting bush food. You will also visit our blacksmith and learn how we make arrows and spears.
- N$ 150.00 / person
3. A Day with the Khwe (3h - 3,5h)
Combines program 1 and 2. Learn and join!
- N$ 300.00 / person
4. Craftsmanship workshop (1,5h - 2h)
We introduce you to our special craftsmanship like making jewellery or the work of the blacksmith. You will get the chance to produce your own bow and arrow, necklace or bracelet – depending on what you prefer to do.
- N$ 150.00 / person
5. Modern Village (± 1h)
In addition to a visit to the traditional Living Museum you are welcome to visit our modern village
- N$ 100.00 / person
The museum has a craft shop, where a lot of jewellery, tools, instruments and articles of daily use are being sold. The whole village and many surrounding villages profit from the sale of these products, as everyone is allowed to sell their crafts there.
Professional filming (documentaries, movies, etc.):
- N$ 6000.00 - up to 2 days unlimited filming even if you only film a few hours.
- N$ 2000.00 - for every further day.
- More information about filming in Namibia
- Children from 0 – 2 years are free of charge.
- Children from 3 – 12 years pay half price.
Namibian student groups:
- Namibian student groups only pay half of above prices
- Up to 4 teachers (group leaders) are free of charge, but others pay the student price.
- All groups must prove their Namibian origin to qualify for the reduced price.
- Our Living Museum is a private educational institution without any external financial aid. As we need to pay our actors we are not able to reduce prices below this offer.