Programs & Rates
1. Bush walk (± 1,5 h)
Bush walk with snaring, tracking and collecting bush food.
- N$ 160.00 / person
2. Singing, dancing and games (± 1,5 h)
Singing, dancing and games around the camp fire. Feel free to join in the fun.
- N$ 130.00 / person
3. Crafts in the village (± 2h)
Lighting a fire, making ropes and snares, jewellery, bow and arrow and prepare and taste traditional bush food. Learn and join in.
- N$ 160.00 / person
4. Action Day (± 4h)
It includes everything as in programme 3 as well as the bush walk, singing, dancing, wedding ceremony, playing games, shoot a bow, throw a spear and watch the traditional doctor healing a patient. We also teach you to make your own bow and arrow as well as ostrich egg pearls and your own jewellery the old way.
- N$ 250.00 / person
5. Walking in the wild (Day)
Lets go on an old traditional hunting- and gathering trip for as long as you wish. We will provide you with bow, arrows, digging stick and collecting skin (which you may buy if you want) and see what nature offers us. Take or leave your sleeping bag, but don’t forget to take along at least 5 L of water and a hat!
- N$ 300.00 / person
6. Evening Singing and Dancing (± 1,5h)
Evening Singing and Dancing around the camp fire in the Museum. Feel free to join in the fun.
- N$ 140.00 / person
7. Storytelling at night (± 1h)
After dinner you have the chance to sit together with a hunter at the camp fire in the Living Museum or at your campsite. He will tell you traditional stories of the Ju/’Hoansi. A guide will translate into English.
- N$ 50.00 / person
8. Grashoek (± 1h)
In addition to a visit to the traditional Living Museum you are welcome to visit our modern village and get an impression of how we live today (houses, school, shops, diesel pump).
- N$ 50.00 / person
9. 3 Day Exclusive Ju/’Hoansi Experience (3 days)
Day 1: Get to know your host family and make you own San equipment: You should start very early in the morning. A small San family including a hunter, his wife and their children will take care of you. Together you will produce some jewellery, ropes, you own bow and arrow. Included in the day is also blacksmithing an arrow head – if there is enough time. A lot of work! You can of course take your equipment home with you.
Day 2: A day in the bush: All your equipment will now be used during your day in the bush with your San family. Get to know the incredible knowledge of your San family when it comes to bush food and medicine. Eat what you find! Set up traps and practice shooting with your bow. Collect grass and wood for your own hut in the bush. If you want you can spend the night here. Take or leave your sleeping bag, but don’t forget to take along at least 5 L of water and a hat!
Day 3: Singing and dancing: Today your San family will introduce you into a bigger group and will give you insights into the traditional beliefs of the Ju/’Hoansi. You can take part into a healing ceremony and enjoy singing and dancing around a fire as well as some traditional games. At the end of the day you will visit your host family in the modern village and get to know how they live today.
- N$ 650.00 / person
- N$ 50.00 / person / day
- Water and fire wood available
The museum has a craft shop, where a lot of jewellery, tools, instruments and articles of daily use are being sold. The whole village and many surrounding villages profit from the sale of these products, as everyone is allowed to sell their crafts there.
Professional filming (documentaries, movies, etc.):
- N$ 6000.00 - up to 2 days unlimited filming even if you only film a few hours.
- N$ 2000.00 - for every further day.
- More information about filming in Namibia
- Children from 0 – 2 years are free of charge.
- Children from 3 – 12 years pay half price.
Namibian student groups:
- Namibian student groups only pay half of above prices
- Up to 4 teachers (group leaders) are free of charge, but others pay the student price.
- All groups must prove their Namibian origin to qualify for the reduced price.
- Our Living Museum is a private educational institution without any external financial aid. As we need to pay our actors we are not able to reduce prices below this offer.